Project Pilot Starting! State Enrollment in March 2023!
The following application components must be completed before your project team will be approved to participate in this inter-institutional QI project:
- STEP 1: Designate key project team members
- STEP 2: Designate data access rights
- STEP 3: Designate additional project team members
- STEP 4: Obtain necessary signatures
It should be noted that execution of the TIPQC Participation and Data Use Agreement (DUA) with TIPQC is required prior to approval of your facility for this project application. Many facilities have already completed this step. It is only required once and is applicable to all projects.
It is recommended that the “day to day” project team member (i.e. key contact person) complete this application.
- The day to day leader will be able to save their progress throughout this application. If they are unable to complete this application in one sitting, they will be able to return to where they left off to complete the application.
To promote safe vaginal delivery for ALL in the birthing population presenting with a nulliparous, term, singleton, vertex pregnancy (NTSV) and thus decrease NTSV cesarean delivery rates to <23.6% (Healthy People Goal 2030) in all participating Tennessee birthing facilities by Summer 2024. This project will include a special focus on the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) population which data shows has greater disparities in this outcome.
Nulliparous birthing patients with a term, singleton baby in a vertex presentation.
- Nulliparous = first delivery/birth or Para Zero (Para Zero defined as no history of a previous pregnancy that reached at least 20 weeks gestation)
- Term = ≥37 weeks gestation,
- Singleton = no twins or beyond,
- Vertex position = Cephalic position; no breech or transverse positions.
This population is also known as the NTSV population.
Spinning Babies® Workshop Registration. Only 34 spots!! October 17. Register today.
Promotion of Safe Vaginal Deliveries with Dr. Danielle Tate