- Agree on the criteria for ranking ideas.
- Identify each idea on the list with a letter of the alphabet.
- Individually list the letters on paper and indicate the rank of each idea, with 1 being 1st choice.
- Take turns calling out the ranking of the ideas.
- Record and add the rankings on a flipchart.
- Analyze the results, looking at both the total for each idea as well as individual rankings.
How To Set Criteria
- Generate a few criteria ideas, and list on a flipchart.
- Through discussion or consensus, reach agreement on the criteria that all members will use.
- There can be one or more criteria for any decision.
- Criteria may be objective or subjective.
REFERENCE: The Seven-Step Meeting Process and Tools from Executive Learning, Inc. Handbook for Improvement, Nashville: ELI, 2002.