W. Edwards Deming referred to his 14 Points as Obligations of Management. They were to:
- Create constancy of purpose.
- Adopt the new philosophy.
- Cease dependence on mass inspection.
- Minimize total cost when dealing with suppliers.
- Improve continuously products, services, and processes.
- Institute training on the job.
- Adopt and institute leadership.
- Drive out fear.
- Break down barriers between departments.
- Eliminate management by slogan and exhortation.
- Eliminate numerical quotas and goals.
- Eliminate barriers to joy in work.
- Institute a program of education and self-improvement for everyone.
- Put everyone to work on the transformation of the organization.
For further explanation of each point, click here.